Without financial contributions from parents and others in the community, Countryside could not support many of the activities and programs that make our school so special.
The PTO meets a critical need by funding programs, initiatives and supplies not covered in Newton’s School Budget. We support curriculum needs, fund enrichment programs such as the city-mandated Creative Arts and Sciences, and hold community-building events.
How are PTO contributions used?
The PTO works directly with the Countryside principal and faculty to determine what our school needs. Every dollar funds projects that benefit Countryside students, faculty, and staff. In addition to our yearly expenditures, the PTO made significant investments last year to improve the school grounds, and to purchase equipment, technology, and curriculum-related supplies. Some investments that were a direct result of your contributions to our fundraisers include:
- A mini-grants program for teachers to pay for innovative curriculum-related initiatives. Read more about the program here
- Providing funding the Creative Arts & Sciences Program
- Library books, including a comprehensive graphic novel collection and children’s magazines
- Laptops to replace aging computers
- New, larger outdoor soccer goals
- Environmentally-friendly gym mats
- An additional bike rack to encourage riding to school
- Landscaping to improve and beautify the school grounds
How do I donate?
While the Annual Fund is the biggest drive for donations every year, contributions are welcome at anytime. Donate by credit or debit card using the PayPal donate button below:
Double or triple your gift at no additional cost to you! See our list of Massachusetts employers that match donations [PDF] or check with your company’s HR department to see if they offer a matching program. If you need to register the PTO with your company, our official name is “Countryside Elementary School PTO Inc.,” and our tax ID number is 201-936-829. Countryside PTO is a 501(c)(3) organization.