Countryside Unplugged Week: April 30 – May 4
Turn off devices, play games as a family, spend time outdoors, cook a meal together! Take a week to be mindful and present as a family.
As part of Countryside Unplugged Week, families are invited to enjoy An Evening of Mindful Practice. The evening will include:
- A brief introduction to mindfulness
- An opportunity to practice a few mindful exercises
- A mindful eating activity
- Yoga practice led by Countryside parents Teri Ginsburg & Jess Lourie
- A guided meditation (if time allows)
Date: Wednesday, May 2nd, 2018
Time: 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Location: Countryside Gymnasium
Please RSVP to Kim Hermesch by Monday, April 30th if you would like to attend this special event!
There are still plenty of ways to get involved at Countryside:
Art Projects: Countryside art teacher, Annie Stikeleather is seeking volunteers for the following projects and events:
- Artsonia: Photograph student artwork for Artsonia! The best days for this are Thursdays (non-early release) after 1pm.
- Art Show/Fundraising Event Committee: Annie is looking for a parent or a team of parents to assist with Spring art shows to showcase student work and with planning fundraising events where students will create and sell art to raise money for charity.
If you can help with either or both of these opportunities, please get in touch with Annie!
Library Helpers: Looking for a great way to get to know your child’s class? Consider volunteering during his or her library class! Volunteers are needed to help shelve books. Click here for more information and to sign up. Thanks for lending a paw!
Photo Corps & Archivists: A parent volunteer takes photographs at all-school events and maintains a photo archive of images taken throughout the year. Contact: Adam Howes
See our committees and events page for other ways to be involved!